Thursday, March 18, 2010

IF I COULD SAVE TIME




OK, Here is mine for the challenge "March SGC Deux" that Manda (Manda_K) started at Swirlydoos..You had to use your misting dying skills any way you could...I Glimmer Misted in Watermelon. the cardboard, the flowers ,and my journaling card. I started with a piece of cardboard which I painted with Gesso, then while it was still slightly damp, I misted with GM. It bled slightly but beautifully. Then when it was completely dry, I GM'd some more. Then I used TH crackle paint in a few spots in Green. I used the butterflies I shared with you in the new butterfly thread at Swirlydoos, I used the Prima flowers that I enhanced with Rock Candy Stickles and Marth Stewart Microbeads, I made the big Faux Prima Romani Rose flower in the corner twisting strips of white gauze rolling them and glue it to circles of cardstock, then just formed a rose shape in the center, glued on some pearls and sprayed with Glimmer Mist!! I didn't know what direction this LO was taking, but as always it seemed to come together...Now I can start on my Swirlydoos April DT LO's!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Lisa, you have beautifully saved the time. The work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out just beautiful! I love all the details in it. Love the GM and the butterflies, and that tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,

    I could not find your e-mail to write you directly so I am contacting you here.

    I have been a fan of your blog for quite some time now, so I am excited to have the opportunity to
    bestow upon you a Beautiful Blogger Award!

    Please visit me at Create With Joy for all of the details, and again, congratulations for creating
    such a fabulous blog!

    Hugs
    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already commented on Scrapbook.com, but I keep noticing other things I love. The frame around the journal block and the corrugated cardboard. Also loved the song from the early 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Goodness girl!!!!!! Stunning..just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, wow, wow.. This is GORGEOUS!! Can't get over the colors and all of the wonderful little details you have added so perfectly..
    Absolutely love this..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa!!! I Always love your work!!! Please visit my blog, I got something for you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!